Dell Adamo XPS can only be opened by rubbing

Dell Adamo XPS
(Credit: Gizmodo)

The Dell Adamo XPS isn't only ridiculously thin, it opens like no laptop ever seen before. Its propped-up keyboard can only be opened by sliding a finger on the lid's heat-sensing strip. See it below to believe it...

Did your mouth drop? Because mine did. All I know is that rubbing that strip illuminates it and unlocks the aluminum lid. I also got to hold the system for a bit and it is really really sturdy. I thought it would be more flimsy, but it has strength.

I can't tell you much more, other than it will be officially announced in November and production is scheduled to ramp up soon. As for what's inside, I can sleep soundly now that I know that there isn't an Intel Atom processor (like the Sony Vaio X), but rather will use an Intel ULV chip of some sort.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Windows 7 programming.

Related story:

Dell teases with new Adamo shots

No comments:

Post a Comment